Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ponds and Pipemovers















Today was a perfect day. Even though it was cleanup day after having been camping for several days with the camper to clean out, clothes to wash and five men, (no let me correct myself, one man and four teenage boys who eat more than eight men) to feed, I got the wash started and took the dog Beau on a hike. Beau is a great hiking companion, he goes whatever pace I feel like going that day and never complains, although sometimes he drools on my ankles. I returned to bake some whole wheat cinnamon raisen bread, serve a pot roast with trimmings and hang out the clothes.


Then the four pipe moving teenage boys jumped into the back of the pickem-up truck and we joined the neighbors to set off some rockets. Fun for the 16 year olds and 8 year olds alike (the dad's seemed pretty interested too). One of the rockets landed beyond the pond. This drew us in the direction of the pond and the cool, shimmering, enticing water. I can resist anything but temptation and soon I found myself swimming, fully clothed and loving it! Ten year old Belle joined me in like clothing, she said she felt a bit naughty out there with her clothes on. “Heck”, I said, “that’s half the fun of it!”. The pipe movers were not far behind. We piddled around and had the bestest time.


It did give us a late start for my date with my husband of taking a load of hay to the Jackson Rodeo animals and to catch a movie. We were too late for the movie, but we can watch a movie in January, this was the moment to be spontaneous and take an impromptu swim. Seize the moment!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like life on the ranch! You still get to give your kids a taste of it, while the rest of us are raising city slickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing out on all the fun! Meanwhile I'm swimming in boxes in my new house instead of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind the country right now. It's hot in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah drools on my ankles too...so even though we do not have a dog, I can kind of understand. I love your blog and your outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I just read your comment on my blog about adding other's blog links. I just learned how today...Go to CUSTOMIZE, LAYOUT, ADD A PAGE ELEMENT, then finally, BLOGLIST. I am the least of all bloggers. I still have not figured out how to make an amazing template or a great heading, but this site helped a little http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your comment on our blog was so timely. Just the other night (we often dream of Teton Valley and how we can actually find a good paying job there so we can move back)we thinking about the twins and figuring out how old they were now. We were wishing so bad we could see them now as teenagers. I couldn't believe it when I was able to see your blog. JOnathan is going to LOVE seeing them. We had such a good time with them.

    We were also remembering some good advice Bishop gave us about keeping that specialness of our relationship alive as we had kids. We listened and it is still awesome! So fun to see what you are up to. I am very impressed with your yoga moves :) Thanks for dropping a line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. Richard is one of Jonathan's favorite people from the MBA program he attended right from leaving Teton Valley. We only wish Richard was our neighbor. He is hilarious! GREAT CONNECTION!

    ReplyDelete