Okay, we bit the bullet and splurged for a fancy, shmancy camera. I took Dan's advice and went for the best, he said I wouldn't be sorry. So here I am with all the bells and whistles, depth of fields, aperatures, f-stops and a whole lot more that I can even remember. This camera will do everything, including teaching me French and Spanish and can probably even put on my eyeliner if I set it right. The first challenge was learning how to change the different settings and then the challenge was how to change it back. Thanksfully, they put an idiot button, in fact two (because they knew there would be some super idiots) that changes everything back to the original settings. Whew! I could have been in real trouble there. Anyway, for Christmas you are all getting some framed pictures of the cat, Pooh and if you have been really good I will throw in the enlargement of a fence post. Sorry to spoil your surprise but now you can enjoy the anticipation......
I hope you like this picture of the Belgian across Alta North Road from me. I asked him to stand still giving me a profile facing the Grand with his bottom lip on the barb wire fence and he was happy to oblige. I think he thinks that he has illusions that he will be on the cover of the January
Western Horseman.
I would love a nice fancy shmancy camera! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteahhhhh...you may have just caused me to commit a sin. I am quite envious of your new toy/tool. I will be interested to hear what you think of the hd video. have fun for me!!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you. What lens did you get?
A while back Minna lead some photo assignments for readers on her blog. (check out the label "photo assignments")
I thought the assignments were really fun.
Im glad you got something good. I bought a cheaper camera and I regret it now because I can't never get a picture of my daughter with her eyes wide open. The camera flashes twice really brightly before it takes the picture and it blinds her so she ends up blinking. So I think it's totally worth it to get something really good that will take awesome pics and last longer.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations are in order! Have fun and remember to experiment.
ReplyDeleteoh, that last comment from "Dan" was really from Minna.
ReplyDelete