Saturday, December 18, 2010

It Was the Best of Times It Was the Worst of Times

It is true that the economy is in the doldrums, unemployment is up, grain prices are down, we had a late start last spring due to the weather and the fruit room flooded while the Thanksgiving guests were here.
It is also true that our Thanksgiving guests arrived safely notwithstanding the roads had been closed several days the first of the week, we enjoyed some snow days with the boys out of school, the crops did get harvested and there doesn’t seem to be a lack of work to do around here especially in the summer.
We choose to say it was, and is, the “best of times”.

• Jenna is happy and healthy caring for an older lady in SLC.

Grant, Tiffany, Garrett and Brinley live close so we get to see them often.

Thayne, Jennifer, Mckaylee and Miya live in Pleasant Grove.

Alesa, Billy and Eliza are in Rexburg going school.


• Merissa brought a new son-in- law, Jason into the family (we love those in-laws!)

• Parley graduated with his Masters in Mechanical Engineering

• Tavner and Tate brought home the first place trophy for State Cross Country

• Lorin and I are enjoying this last school year with Tavner and Tate before we become “empty nesters”. That is 63 months of being pregnant, 14 years of diapers, 29 years of sending kids out the door to school, going to parent-teacher conferences, band concerts and operettas. Thirty-four years of Halloween costumes and Christmas stockings. Twenty-six years of 4-H projects, 18 years of teenage drivers and 36 years of marriage. Whew! I really didn’t know that was what we were signing up for when we got hitched!
• We look forward to more time in Mexico and fewer months of winter.

We are grateful for dear family and friends, for health and a warm house but our greatest blessing is that of the gospel and the knowledge of our savior Jesus Christ, which of course is why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas.

The Wilsons of Wyoming

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! Loved them....thank-you so much for sharing, that was fun!! Have a Merry, peaceful, warm Christmas with your amazing family!! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome family! I look forward to your Family Christmas 'Card' every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post, you have an amazing family! Wow, that is a lot of years of marriage and diaper changing!! I hope one day I can look back and say these things like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those numbers are frightening--especially when i think about the fact that I am just 6 1/2 years into motherhood.
    Thanks for sharing the messages and updates about all my long lost cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those number are awesome and horrifying at the same time. I am already counting down the days for my little ones to start kindergarten and that is still 3 years away. HAHH. I have hardly gotten started. Slow down Aunt Liza. Slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this newsletter!! A fun read. Enjoyed the great pics of your family and your numerical analysis of mothering/ being hitched to lauren. Xos and merry Christmas! Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! What a great year! Love this style of Christmas Letter -- thanks for thinking of us (wink-wink!) Merry Christmas :) --Becky and Richard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a woman!!! I was exhausted just reading that. I couldn't have ever raised that many kids.

    Funny side note. When I opened up your blog I didn't have my sound on, and I didn't look at your blog immediately. Later on when I turned my sound there was this spanish music playing. I always have LOTS of windows and tabs open so I was searching for what might be playing that music and couldn't find it! Finally I opened your blog and saw your notes about being in Mexico and suddenly it hit me, the music was coming from your blog! lol

    ReplyDelete