Share one of your favorite memories from your childhood that you hope to give your own children.
Lining up on the stairs to come down for Christmas morning.Please note that my nails were painted, that is why I was holding my hands so they could be seen. Same Stairs-
I agree with Dan. I am sad that we did not take as many photos as we should have in the home that I was raised in.
I am also grasping the size of your home. I love this picture of everyone squeezed on the stairs.
It also occurred to me that this is where our Christmas tradition of sitting on the stairs and taking pictures before running down to see the presents came from. This has been a tradition that has meant a lot to Dad, and in turn to us.
Last thought...what time in the morning is this? You all look really good. Did you just wake up, or have you gotten ready so that you look good for the pictures?
Okay, my real last thought. Did you have chores to do before Christmas morning? I guess I am thinking of 'The Present' or 'Little House on the Prairie'.
I am thinking it was probably around 7:00am. It did seem to my 6 year old mind that we had to wait a long time for Julie to get ready for pictures and for Daddy to get the movie camera and lights set up. He only did it about once a year!
I was going to say the same thing Candi said about sitting on the stairs before Christmas morning. We are all grown with our own kids and we still sit on the stairs. Having Christmas at my in-laws is hard because they don't do the stairs and it just doesn't seem right!
As many of you know we have been spending our winters in the Mexican Yucatan. We have fallen in love with the people and the area. The Yucatan has a rich historical and cultural past as well as a warm and colorful present. The people here consider themselves Yucatecan first, Mexicans second. The peninsula is very different from the Mexico we usually picture in our minds. On our tour we share the western side of the Yucatan that most tourists never see and know little about. We have put together the best of the best for an 8-9 day tour. There is so much to share and experience.
I love that you have these two photos of the same place different time. priceless.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dan. I am sad that we did not take as many photos as we should have in the home that I was raised in.
ReplyDeleteI am also grasping the size of your home. I love this picture of everyone squeezed on the stairs.
It also occurred to me that this is where our Christmas tradition of sitting on the stairs and taking pictures before running down to see the presents came from. This has been a tradition that has meant a lot to Dad, and in turn to us.
Last thought...what time in the morning is this? You all look really good. Did you just wake up, or have you gotten ready so that you look good for the pictures?
Okay, my real last thought. Did you have chores to do before Christmas morning? I guess I am thinking of 'The Present' or 'Little House on the Prairie'.
Okay, now, as I look closer I can see that some of you are in your pajamas. I still think that you look really good.:)
ReplyDeleteI am thinking it was probably around 7:00am. It did seem to my 6 year old mind that we had to wait a long time for Julie to get ready for pictures and for Daddy to get the movie camera and lights set up. He only did it about once a year!
ReplyDeleteI was going to say the same thing Candi said about sitting on the stairs before Christmas morning. We are all grown with our own kids and we still sit on the stairs. Having Christmas at my in-laws is hard because they don't do the stairs and it just doesn't seem right!
ReplyDelete