Friday, September 12, 2008

FOF Bike Ride


 


Yesterday, I completed a goal of mine to ride 50 miles. I finished at 55.5 miles (a nice number). It goes on my FOF Firsts After Fifty List (sort of like a bucket list). I invited a bunch of ladies to go with me and ride any part of it that they wanted. I was happy for the company of Tiffany (pulling Garret), Julie Wade, Alesa, Gloria Smith and Anita Cook. Our path took around the valley, Driggs-Victor-Moose Creek-Cedron-Bates-Horseshoe Canyon- Driggs. That was 50 miles. Then I rode back up to Alta. It was a fabulous day, perfect weather and a great ride. I will do it again. Anybody want to come with me?
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I am so proud and I'd like to think I taught my mom everything she knows about biking, but seeings as this is a sport she took up AFTER I moved away, I can't take all the credit. Too bad we couldn't have done more riding together while I was still your neighbor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! That reminds me of my mission. But it sometimes took us a week to cover 50 miles, and a couple times it only took us two days. I was always very tired on those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does it take to cover 50 miles? I am so impressed. Sarah and I bike almost every day, but I do not think that we have gone that far.

    I will have to post a picture of Sarah's "ride".

    Anyway, I am in on the next 50 miler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice,
    It took us 5 1/2 hours but we had some rest stops and "bush breaks", I actually prefer bushes to porta-potties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merissa,
    I know you would like to think that you taught me about biking and here I was thinking that I taught you how to ride a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in for the next ride. I need to see the Tetons again before the snow flies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liza, great blog entries. Your wallpaper is sosososo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to come up and ride with you too! I'd use any excuse to visit the best side of the Tetons!

    ReplyDelete