Thanksgiving Morning as a family we ran a 5K, Jeff Bagley was the only one of the cousins who took us up on the invitation to join us. Tav and Tate came in in the top 14 out of 1900 runners. The rest of us placed somewhere between 20th and 1800th. However, if you narrow the field down to who came in first of the 50-55 year old women with eight kids and a scar on the back of their left leg from a motorcycle crash that would have been ME!!!!
At the end of the race I found my cousin Eugene Call with some of his family.
We enjoyed a great breakfast at Merissa's afterwards and Candace and Andrew joined us for that. The next night we went out to Jeff's to visit with Terry and Betty and some of their kids. What fun to get together with cousins. Like Aunt Josephine always said,"It's so nice to be together".
How did you know it was Eugene? I mean I recognize him now that you are standing with him, but in a crowd? Good job on the turkey trot!
ReplyDeleteFUN!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous, I've ran in some sort of Turkey trot for many years. Unfortunately, my large belly prevented me from any running.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Candice mentioned that she was taught by the master how to make amazing rolls . . . the pictures are incredible. I really wish I would have been there for that lesson;(
Thank you, thank you for being part of a wonderful Thanksgiving! We loved seeing you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part was the quote from Aunt Josephine. I believe that with all my heart.
You are so wonderful.
That's a pretty good looking running crew! Thanks for a great weekend.
ReplyDelete