There are activities that I do in Merida that I wouldn’t dream of doing here in Wyoming:
Licking the guacamole bowl.
You see I have been very diligent about teaching my children proper etiquette and how to behave in public. When they lick their ice cream bowls they have learned to go into the hall and do it where I can’t see. But here in my apartment no one can see me either.
Going shopping without any make-up on.
I figure the healthy glow of sun kissed skin and a smile is beauty enough, and no one in my apartment complains either (of course there has been no one in my apartment most of the time).
Going to the opera theatre dressed to the nines at nine o’clock at night and then walking home alone afterwards.
A simple pleasure in the life of this Meridiana made possible by the government and the afternoon siesta.
Living on mangoes, avocadoes, and fresh squeezed orange juice while sitting at a table dressed with flowers from Lucila.
I am betting this is healthier than potatoes.
Not putting moisturizer on three times before heading out for the day.
Another advantage to chalk up to the humidity adding to the list of the hair having more body and the nails breaking less often. What I have resorted to here in Wyoming is running several humidifiers, venting the dryer into the house and taking long drags on the steamy air that comes out of the dishwasher.
It sounds like paradise.
ReplyDeleteI think that the sentence that made me laugh the hardest was the last one. I think that I am going to go take a long drag from my dishwasher.
After I made the last comment, we kept your music going. Sarah surprised me by grooving and dancing with a little Latin beat to Para No Vivir Desesperado. Thanks for the dance.
ReplyDeleteHow is your Spanish coming, by the way? I have been reading a little about the old Mormon Colonies in Mexico and I am fascinated by you Gringos down there.