I joined the SLC girls, Jana, Julie, Lisa, Mimi, Kim and Muffy (all younger but more seasoned runners) to do my first 10K. What was I thinking?....
I was thinking the all I had to do was cross the finish line, I didn't have to run to whole way, I could walk whenever I wanted and I would still set my own personal record (PR)and that they would all be there before I was to cheer me in. I actually surprised myself setting my best pace in that long of a run and coming in second place in my age category. (I am not saying how many were in my age category). Of our group, four of us were in the top two places of our age categories.
It was fun to run the race but even more fun to do it with a bunch of fun ladies.
Beings as my dad died two days after the Teton Dam broke, I dedicated this run to him. He is the one who taught me to "Stay the Course" and just do your best.
Thanks Dad!
Nice to see the tiger in your eye there at the end! I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures and the music. The part where you are running as hard as you can at the end made me emotional.
ReplyDeleteGrandad would be proud. I am.
wow, Aunt Liza. You didn't even look winded at all. And i like your pink hat.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is amazing, and great job for staying in shape! I probably would be in last place for all the groups,lol!
ReplyDeleteyou do look good in your pink hat. You don't even look tired! No puking, no fainting! I'm very proud of you. That run was really something.
ReplyDelete