Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Breathe


Being here in Merida is non-demanding. I don’t have to cook, I don’t have to eat, I don’t have to cater to anyone’s needs but my own. Yet I feel that I should, out of habit be productive so that at the end of each day I have something to cross off my list, as if I have to do something to pay my rent for breathing the air, and yet the air is free. It doesn’t really matter how much I breath or don’t breath there will still be enough for everyone else. I don’t have to pay rent, I can just be and breath. There is time to let my thoughts come out for an airing and breathe with me. It is invigorating and relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't have to eat":) I guess sometimes we are forced to do that.

    The air does look delicious. After living in China and Salt Lake, I have come to appreciate the power of breathing pure air. I do not get that much.

    ReplyDelete